Windi.exe is from vicious adware which keeps bombarding you with ads pop-up. The virus usually spreads as browser add-on, toolbar or malware program embedded into targeted system for malicious money-related purpose. This virus can propagate via pornographic websites, insecure file-sharing programs and spam email attachments.
Once Windi.exe virus infiltrates your PC, it will strongly interfere with your online habit with creating the interrupted popping-up advertisements on every webpage you open. The nasty adware eats up most of your RAM and CPU room, makes the system perform slowly and weirdly, and causes system crash. Moreover, it will come with other severe threats such as hijacker which redirects your browser, spyware which steals your confidential information, ransomware which lock your system and extort your money, etc. From the above information, we can 100% determine that Windi.exe is a severely evil treat to your PC, it needs to be removed as early as possible.
Windi.exe Is a Big Threat to Your PC
- It is secretly installed onto system without your permission or consent.
- It may hijack your web browsers and always redirect your search result to Windi.exe.
- It may show numerous annoying advertisements.
- It may drops malicious files into your PC.
- It may degenerate your PC performance.
- It may lead your private information to be leaked.
How to Get Rid of windi.exe Completely?
Option 1 – windi.exe Automatic Removal (Two Steps – Easy)
Option 2 – windi.exe Manual Removal (Four Steps – Complicated)
(Attentions!!! Manual removal of windi.exe is only for computer experts! If you are a ordinary user, you may make severe mistakes in the manual removal process and then more system problems and risks may occur. Therefore, the windi.exe automatic removal will be best solution for you if you do not have advanced PC skills and rich virus removing experience.)
Option 1 – Remove windi.exe Automatically
Step 1. Detect and remove all malicious files with SpyHunter and RegHunter
windi.exe is one of the most stubborn infection capable of obstructing your operations on removing its program or files. It is a tough task for most of computer users to delete this virus since it cannot be removed with common methods such as programs instillation. To get rid of the threat quickly before it causes severe troubles, we we recommend all users to count on a trustworthy PC security software named SpyHunter, which is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application developed to help users remove all the malicious threats. Download and install it to remove all infections at once:
1. Click this link: “Download SpyHunter” or the blue button below to download SpyHunter malware remover:
Tips: After SpyHunter is downloaded, your Chrome /Firefox /IE may display such fake security warning ” This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep Download_Spyhunter-Installer.exe anyway?”, which is generated by virus to cheat you, please just ignore the fake warning and click “Keep” button.
(Notes – If you do not need it any more, please follow instructions on SpyHunter uninstall. SpyHunter`s free version provides unlimited free scans and detection. After it detects malicious files, processes and registry entries, you can follow the scan results to manually locate and remove them on your own; or to purchase its full version to automatically remove the virus with ease. Meanwhile, the full version of SpyHunter will offers you unlimited one-on-one professional help for any malware related issue by its official PC expert.)
2. Once downloaded, please double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe to start the installation of SpyHunter.
3. When SpyHunter is installed, it will be run automatically, then click Scan Computer Now to detect windi.exe related threats:
4. Once SpyHunter completes the scan, please click Fix Threats to get rid of windi.exe.
Step 2. Fix damaged registry files and speed up your system with RegHunter.
windi.exe virus corrupts registry files in your system to weaken system security and help more threats attack your computer. Besides, the damaged files will result into slow system running and BSOD. To avoid windi.exe and other infections come back again, it’s wise to use RegHunter to fix the Registry and maximize your system speed. RegHunter is the best system optimization tool which can make your computer run as a new one, download and install it now:
1. Click this link: “Download RegHunter” or the blue button below to download RegHunter:
Tips: After RegHunter is downloaded, your Chrome /Firefox /IE may display such fake security warning “This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep Download_Reghunter-Installer.exe anyway?“, which is generated by virus to cheat you, please just ignore the fake warning and click “Keep” button.
Notes – If you do not need it any more, please follow instructions on RegHunter uninstall. RegHunter`s free version provides unlimited free scans and detection. After it detects corrupted registry files and system errors files, you can follow the scan results to manually replace them with healthy files copied from healthy PC on your own; or to purchase its full version to automatically fix the Registry and errors with ease. Meanwhile, the full version of RegHunter will offers you great features to optimize your system performance.)
2. Once downloaded, then double-click RegHunter-Installer.exe to start the installation of RegHunter.
3. When RegHunter is installed, it will be run automatically, then click Scan for Registry Errors Now! to detect files corrupted by windi.exe:
4. Once RegHunter completes the scan, please click Repair All Errors to solve security bugs related with windi.exe.
(Optional Step) Download and install Avast Internet Security 2015 to re-scan threats and protect your PC For Free
Avast Internet Security 2015 provides 60 Days free trail for you, it’s highly recommended to download and install it to re-scan your system and secure everything in your machine. You can uninstall it when you do not need it any more, it is 100% free. Click the button below to Download Free Avast Internet Security 2015 and enjoy 60 days of premium protection for free.
Option 2 – Remove windi.exe Manually
Step 1 Uninstall all of the windi.exe related applications from Win 10 /Win 8/Win 7/Vista/XP
On Windows 10
1. Click Start Menu >> click Settings
2. Double-click System
3. Click Apps & features >> Select windi.exe or related harmful program >> Click Uninstall when the button appears
On Windows 8 /Windows 7/Vista/XP
1. Navigate to Control Panel
On Win 8
– Click the File Explorer icon on the bottom left corner of desktop to open Libraries window.
– Click Desktop in right side bar >> double click Control Panel
On Windows 7/Vista/XP
– Click Start Menu >> Click Control Panel
2. In Control Panel, click Uninstall a program
4. Click Installed On tab to find out windi.exe and unwanted programs >> Click Uninstall button after selecting a program
Step 2 Clear up malicious files of windi.exe in Registry
1. Press Windows + R keys at the same time to open Run window
2. Type regedit and click OK :
3. Locate and clear up the malicious registry files of windi.exe virus:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionpoliciessystem “DisableTaskMgr” = ‘1′
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerDownload “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced “ShowSuperHidden” = 0′
(These windi.exe registry files keep changing, thus you may see different ones on your computer. Do not remove any registry file if you don’t know if it is from windi.exe virus. In that situation, you’ better use the Automatic Removal method.)
Step 3 Delete extensions/toolbar/add-on associated with windi.exe from Edge, IE, Chrome and Firefox
On Microsoft Edge
(Microsoft Edge browser still does not have extensions options. Now we only need to reset search engine and homepage to remove browser hijacker related with windi.exe)
1. Reset your default search engine to remove search engine hijacker virus.
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Click View advanced settings
- Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”, then input the search engine you like:
- Now select the search engine you like and click Add as default:
2. Reset your homepage page on Microsoft Edge to remove homepage redirect virus.
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Under Open with, select A specific page or pages
- select Custom to enter the URL of page you want to set as homepage
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button, and then click Manage add-ons.
- Click Toolbar and Extensions, then select windi.exe and related extensions and click Disable
- Click the menu button and choose Add-ons to open Manager tab
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions or Appearance panel.
- Select the windi.exe and related add-on you need to remove.
- Click the Remove button.
- Click the hamburger menu icon on the Google Chrome toolbar and then More tools.
- Select More tools from the menu.
- Select Extensions from the side menu
- Click the trash can icon link next to windi.exe extension or related extension you wish to remove.
(Optional) Step 4 Reset DNS to fix and speed up your Internet connection infected by windi.exe.
1. Right-click on the network status notification icon and choose to open the Network and Sharing Center
2. Click the Change adapter settings
3. Double-click the icon for the Internet connection you are using. This may be labeled as “Local Area Connection” or “Ethernet”. Then click Properties.
4. Select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option and click the Properties button.
5. Select Use the following DNS server addresses, and enter 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52:
Important Things You Should Know while Removing windi.exe Manually:
Manual removal procedure requires advanced expert skills and rich experience of solving PC problems, if you cannot understand and execute the operations exactly, you may mess up your computer. Therefore, you have to be very careful when removing registry files of windi.exe, which may change in each system.
If it has taken lots of your time but still make no any progress, we highly recommend you to give up the manual removal method, and then choose the automatic removal method, which is easy, safe and efficient for removing windi.exe: Download and install Spyhunter and RegHunter to get rid of all threats and speed up your computer now.