About True Key
Do you ever see True Key on your PC? If so, you are unlucky. Those who have ever got True Key on his computer always face with various system problems. Also, there are many irreversible damage caused by this item. So what is this? It must be the first question arising in your mind. And this is an adware. this whole article purposes to give you a fully understanding about this item so that you could avoid it and be away from its damage finally.
True Key will tell you that it is the assistant for shopping online so that it could stay long on the computer without suspicion. But it is not hard for users to discover the truth when they recover thousands of ads from True Key. They click on these ads but are led to some malicious and illegal websites. what they don’t know is that these websites will offer them with virus or malware. So until their PC is full with the harmful items they cannot be aware of the facts.
Many users must have tried to remove True Key from their PC. but they always don’t know how to start this because it does not exist on the control panel. Even some of them can find the way to remove it, they cannot eliminate the whole installment package. As a result, True Key will turn into being again and again after they think they have successfully removed it. In this way, we should provide you with some guides which will lead you to totally get rid of this.
Our experts have worked out the solutions on removing True Key from Windows PC and Mac OS below: Section 1 is for Windows PC Users; Section 2 is for Mac OS Users. Please follow the corresponding solution for your computer OS.
Section 1 – Effective Steps to Get Rid of True Key from Windows PC
Step 1. Uninstall True Key related programs and other unwanted software you installed recently.
1. Press “Windows” key and “R” key at the same time to open “Run” window.
2. As the above image shows, now input “control panel” in the Run window and click OK, then you will see the Control Panel window.
Now select category view, and click on Uninstall a program under the Programs.
3. Now the Programs and Features window is opened as below.
Please click Installed On to display the latest programs, scroll through the list to find and uninstall True Key and other unwanted programs installed recently.
If you are a Windows 10 user and cannot execute the steps above, please try this method:
1. Click Start Menu on Win 10 screen, and click All apps.
2. Now you can see all apps of your Win 10, find out the unwanted or suspicious program, then right-click it and select Uninstall.
(Note: Please go to next step if you do not find any suspicious program in the list)
Step 2. Remove Microsoft Edge/ Internet Explorer add-on, Chrome extension and Firefox add-on related with True Key.
Microsoft Edge User
(Since Edge browser does not have extensions function now, what you need is just to reset homepage and search engine.)
1. Set your homepage page on Microsoft Edge to remove hijacker virus.
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Under Open with, select A specific page or pages
- select Custom to enter the URL of page you want to set as homepage
2 . Set your default search engine to remove search redirect virus.
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Click View advanced settings
- Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”, then input the search engine you like
- Now select the search engine you like and click Add as default
Google Chrome User
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Click Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Click the trash can icon to delete True Key extension.
- Make sure to remove all extensions you do not know or need.
- A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
- Click the menu button and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
- Make sure to remove all extensions you do not know or need.
- Click Disable or Remove button of True Key.
- Click Restart now if it pops up.
Internet Explorer User
- Open the IE, click the Tools button , and then click Manage add-ons.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window., and then select True Key
- Make sure to remove all BHO’s you do not know or need.
- If the add-on can be deleted, you’ll see the Remove option. Click Remove and then click Close. Otherwise click Disable button.
Step 3. Diagnose your computer with SpyHunter and remove True Key and other viruses (Important Step)
SpyHunter is best of the best AntiSpyware/ AntiMalware tool capable of detecting and removing all the Adware, Spyware, Malware, PUP, and Trojan Horse hiding in Windows computer. Start a free scan with SpyHunter now and find out all malicious files related with True Key virus.
1. Click this link: “Download SpyHunter” or the blue button below to download SpyHunter safety:
Tips: After SpyHunter is downloaded, your Chrome /Firefox /IE may display such fake security warning ” This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep Download_Spyhunter-Installer.exe anyway?”, which is generated by virus to cheat you, please just ignore the fake warning and click “Keep” button.
(Notes – If you do not need it any more, please follow instructions on SpyHunter uninstall. SpyHunter`s free version provides unlimited free scans and detection. After it detects malicious files, processes and registry entries, you can follow the scan results to manually locate and remove them on your own; or to purchase its full version to automatically remove the virus with ease. Meanwhile, the full version of SpyHunter will offers you unlimited one-on-one professional help for any malware related issue by its official PC expert.)
2. Once downloaded, please double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe to start the installation of SpyHunter.
3. When SpyHunter is installed, it will be run automatically, then click Scan Computer Now to detect True Key related threats:
4. Once SpyHunter completes the scan, please click Fix Threats to get rid of True Key.
Step 4. Use RegHunter to fix all damaged registry errors and security bugs caused by True Key.
Notes: If True Key virus still appear after you removed it with SpyHunter, it is clear that there are some registry errors and security bugs needed to be fixed. True Key virus can be re-activated by malicious codes it injected into your Registry, therefore we need to fix those registry errors and security codes and recover the healthy system files. After we fix the Registry, True Key will not have any chance to re-activate itself again. When we do any operation related with Registry, we need to be 100% careful, because any small mistake we make in the Registry can lead to severe problems, therefore, we recommend every user to let RegHunter help you complete the complicated operations in Registry automatically. It is one of the best tool which can maximize system performance and fix registry and system errors. Run it now:
1. Click this link: “Download RegHunter” or the blue green below to download RegHunter safety:
Tips: After RegHunter is downloaded, your Chrome /Firefox /IE may display such fake security warning “This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep Download_Reghunter-Installer.exe anyway?“, which is generated by virus to cheat you, please just ignore the fake warning and click “Keep” button.
Notes – If you do not need it any more, please follow instructions on RegHunter uninstall. RegHunter`s free version provides unlimited free scans and detection. After it detects corrupted registry files and system errors files, you can follow the scan results to manually replace them with healthy files copied from healthy PC on your own; or to purchase its full version to automatically fix the Registry and errors with ease. Meanwhile, the full version of RegHunter will offers you great features to optimize your system performance.)
2. Once downloaded, then double-click RegHunter-Installer.exe to start the installation of RegHunter.
3. When RegHunter is installed, it will be run automatically, then click Scan for Registry Errors Now! to detect files corrupted by True Key:
4. Once RegHunter completes the scan, please click Repair All Errors to solve security bugs related with True Key.
Step 5. Download and install Avast Internet Security to re-scan threats and protect your PC For Free
Avast Internet Security provides 60 Days free trail for you, it’s highly recommended to download and install it to re-scan your system and secure everything in your machine. You can uninstall it when you do not need it any more, it is 100% free. Click the button below to Download Free Avast Internet Security and enjoy 60 days of premium protection for free.
Step 6. Reset Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome to clean up cookies of True Key.
Reset Microsoft Edge
1. Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings:
2. click “Choose what to clear”:
3. Check the first three options and then click Clear:
– Reset Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, then click on Internet Options
2. On the Internet Options window: click on Advanced tab, then click Reset button
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset button when it appears:
4. When the resetting process is done, you’ll see this message box, click Close
5. You’ll need to restart your Internet Explorer to complete the resetting process.
– Reset Firefox
1. Open Firefox, then click on Firefox button, then Click on Help button, then Click on Troubleshooting Information
2. At the Troubleshooting Information page, click on Reset Firefox
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset Firefox to its initial state, click Reset Firefox button when it appears:
– Reset Chrome
1. Open Chrome, then click “Customize and control Google Chrome” button, and then click on Settings
2. Under the Chrome Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings button
3. After clicking on Show advanced settings button, scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset browser settings button
4. A message box will pop up to inform that your browser settings will be restored to their original defaults, click Reset button when it appears:
Section 2 – Effective Steps to Get Rid of True Key from Mac OS
In case your Mac machine has been infected with True Key and related malware, the best and safest way to cure your Mac is to automatically remove the infections with a reliable and powerful protection tool. Here we recommend you to install the famous Mac anti-malware software – MacKeeper Lite, which is capable of cleaning up all Malware, Adware, Trojan, Spyware, Hijacker and other forms of Mac threats and keep your Mac and privacy safe every day. Now get it installed and let it get rid of True Key virus from your Mac completely and speed up your system performance to the top:
1. click the download button below download MacKeeper now:
2. Double-click “MacKeeper.3.8.dmg” and follow its instructions to install it:
3. In “System Status” tab, run a Scan to detect True Key malware and then click “Fix items Safely” to clean up all infections:
Reasons why millions
of Users Recommend MacKeeper
True Key virus is mainly spread online through resources such as Free Software, Spam Email and Porn Websites. To avoid virus and malware like True Key infect your computer again, you should keep these tips in your mind:
1. Always select Advance or Custom Install if you want to install any free software;
2. Scan all attached files of emails you receive, even the emails sent from Contacts;
3. It’s best not to visit porn websites, which are often hosted by cyber criminal and they may harm your system severely.